As a growing company, our client develops innovative products and solutions in the areas of Life Sciences and Healthcare, for both providers and payers.
Founded in 2009 by two former doctors with a passion to use technology and data to solve healthcare problems, the company has now grown to an organisation of almost 40 employees, many of whom have worked in healthcare and are experts in their field.
By uing agile working methods, the company is able to respond to rapidly changing and newly emerging markets by utilising technology and data analytics to help inform healthcare decision making.
Employees, who operate in the English speaking healthcare economies, design, develop, implement, support, sell and market the products used by customers and partners.
The Data Analyst will gather, understand and document detailed business information using appropriate tools and techniques, providing management information that will enable the company to progress both external and internal projects. If successful, you will design and implement database technologies, as well as translate data into meaningful reports and communicate this confidently to all stakeholders.
The Data Analyst will work closely with the Executive Team, Sales & Marketing and Operations teams and have a keen interest in Life Sciences and Technology.
Reporting in to the SVP, Life Sciences, the primary responsibility of the role is to support the executive team and life sciences projects, customers and proposals through data and market analysis.
- Life science projects and status overview – coordinate data and updates from operations and business
- Conduct independent research to identify, collect, manage and analyse data for review
- Develop and maintain life sciences market and competitor intelligence insights to share and update internal teams
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets
- Provide insights, data and updates to relevant teams
- Maintain overview of all Site customer relationships and status
- Monitor and audit data quality
- Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations
- Provide sector and competitor benchmarking
- Mine and analyse large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using reporting tools
- Conduct telephone or face-to-face interviews with clients or external stakeholders
- Proactively develop knowledge of the life sciences industry
Bonus points for:
- Entry level experience of working in life sciences, technology or similar industry
- Experience of applying core analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of data analysis tools
- Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
- Ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Advanced user of Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel plus an understanding of how to conduct research on the Internet
- An understanding of data protection issues
Note this is a 6 month FTC - with the possibility of becoming permanent after this point
- A degree in life sciences, maths, economics, statistics operational research, computer science or a relevant subject
- Practical project management and data analysis application
- Creative problem solving, analytical and research skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and deadline-driven
- Able to convey subject matter to audiences including senior management and customers
- Adaptable/flexible to changing demands
- Communication skills ability to gather information and present back to all levels from customer to Executive team level
- Interest in technology, healthcare and data
- Flexibility, and ability to meet the demands of an innovative and changing environment