Our client is a conference & training course business that produce content superior conferences targeted at senior-level executives in major organisations.
Their overriding objective is to contribute to solving the greatest challenges businesses, governments and institutions face. By helping executives find better ways to work and becoming their trusted source of knowledge, by producing the best events at the best standards.
This is an opportunity for a bright graduate to learn the workings of a professional services business.
This is not your normal boring internship. You will be given alot of responsibility and outcomes right from the beginning, and would be expected to let your initiative shine. This is an opportunity to stretch yourself to the max, take charge of tasks, and work out the right solution. You will only be limited by yourself.
You will get the opportunity to feel the whole business and have collective ownership of an event project. You will also experience as range of responsibility areas including design, marketing, event management, office management, customer service, research and operations.
· Designing graphics, email campaigns and event brochures.
· Managing company’s corporate and event site content management systems.
· Managing the company’s registration system.
· Managing the company’s inbound marketing system, Hubspot.
· Managing Company Social Media Campaigns and Groups
· Various Event Management Duties and negotiating contracts.
· Involved in all operational aspects of a start-up business unit.
· Locating venues and event service providers.
· Identifying strategic partnerships, with all the potential channels, both off-line and on-line to our market in order to promote an event in the form of direct mail, inserts, email campaigns, features, articles or advertising.
· You will assist in managing on-line marketing for conferences. You will look to create reciprocal banner ads to compliment the overall marketing campaign.
· Producing post event reporting and analysis.
· Strong work ethic, and will to work by the responsibility and deadlines.
· Has a strong attention to detail.
· Exceptional Writing Skills. Can write high quality content for emails, newsletters and blogs.
· Advanced Level knowledge of Office Applications i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Photoshop.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to impact greatly when speaking with senior level figures.
· Excellent Negotiation Skills
· Ability to self-learn and grasp new cloud-based software systems fast. Systems can include CMS, Marketing Automation, Design Tools, CRM, Project Management. You should have a natural fluency with software.
· Well spoken and the ability to talk to senior-level executives with confidence.
· Committed to a career within the B2B commercial conference industry.
· A good design eye. You have used design package such as Photoshop or PowerPoint.
· You have a strong understanding in inbound / content marketing strategies.
· You have a strong understanding of managing Social Media Channels & Digital Marketing.
· Happy to work USA hours and global hours depending on the event staging locations.
High Energy, Resilient, Proactive, Solution Focussed, Well Organised, Motivated, Hardworking & Optimistic. Can work to deadlines, work out complex problems and find solutions on their own initiative.
3 – 6 months internship
9.30am to 6.30pm.