Founded in 2014, this company is both an agency working with former footballers and an events company.
They arrange commercial and media opportunities for a wide range of former football players, both in the UK and abroad, as well as arranging events where members of the public get the opportunity to play football and meet football legends.
It is the sister company to another startup which organises baking classes led by former contestants from The Great British Bake Off and commercial opportunities for clients. Whilst the majority of work will be for the football startup, there will be some work required for the baking section as well.
They are seeking a commercial and marketing executive, reporting to the Founder.
The ideal candidate will likely have some experience in a related field, perhaps Sports Marketing / PR / Account Management or Talent Management and will want to make a big impact in a small company.
Job DescriptionMain duties & responsibilities:
Skills & competencies:
- Raise awareness of the events side of the business through marketing/PR opportunities
- Proactively source new opportunities for the talent they work with
- Maintain and develop the social media for the company
- Management and updating of their website
- Building relationship with both existing and new clients
- Handling enquiries from prospective clients
- Arranging logistics for events and commercial appearances
- Attending and accompanying talent for events and appearances
- Securing sales of events and commercial opportunities for their talent
- Liaising and developing relationships with talent
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build rapport
- Driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Some marketing and/or commercial experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable hosting events and being around talent
- Good workload management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Comfortable handling basic accounts
- Strong telephone manner
- Ability to communicate to wide range of audiences
- Sports experience desirable
- Great time keeping skills
Hours of work/travel:
- Required to act as an ambassador for the company
- Using own initiative to organise various tasks in order of importance
- Ability to work independently
- Looking for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and creative spark to scout out opportunities
- Understanding of digital marketing adverts would be preferential
- Demonstrating accountability and ownership
- Interest and knowledge of football strongly preferred
- This is a full-time role. We would expect the successful candidate to be based at our North London office though we will allow flexible working where possible. You’ll need to work some weekends and evenings when required. Time off will be given in lieu.
- Travel around the UK will be necessary and a (clean) driving license would be preferred.