This revolutionary startup is reinventing the seafood supply chain to create a more sustainable industry for fish, fishermen and consumers.
They are delivering London's fastest, freshest fish, while building the digital platform to allow fisherman and chefs to trade directly from the boat.
Are you a London-based operations manager who will run the logistics and distribution of products across the city to both restaurant and consumer channels? How you’ll help:
Every day, up to 200kg of the freshest fish travels into London from partner ports, and are delivered to customers just hours after leaving the water. As the Ops Manager, you will take on full management of:
- Customer deliveries - Managing all the daily catches, from as soon as they arrive into London, to when they reach the restaurants/individual consumers - ensuring the process runs smoothly, and adapting and finding solutions when problems arise
- The general running of the site, which involves:
- Taking care of up to 300 live lobsters and crabs (checking water quality and temp levels) as well as the packaging and transporting the shell fish.
- Overseeing all products that come in and out of the site (refrigeration, taking temp levels, packaging and labelling where necessary)
- Food hygiene management and implementation
- General cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of the site
Personality and Experience
- On wheels – Managing all deliveries to customers around London by zero emission cargo bike. Through a mix of managing the logistics partner and in-house deliveries, this involves multi-drop route planning, unloading deliveries from trains, and delivering the various boxes to buyers (restaurants, wholesalers, homes, etc.).
And in return
- Be flexible, a fast learner and very hands-on
- Be friendly and enthusiastic - you will have daily encounters with partner chefs when delivering the fish, acting as the face of the brand, and will need to build positive and strong relationships with them
- Have at least one year’s experience working within a food handling environment
- Be an extremely confident cyclist
- Innovative and creative - you are going to help tackle an industry full of inefficiencies, and there are plenty of problems to solve. From packaging, transport methods, bike specification and systems – there is plenty to get stuck in with!
- Have a genuine interest in logistics and sustainable distribution
- 40 hours per week, base hours 08:00-17:00, but occasionally varying hours between 07:00 and 20:00 as required
- Chance to work as part of a fast paced, super dynamic start-up in Old Street, London
- Free fish!