The objective of this Supporters’ Trust is to connect and represent all fans of this world-renowned football club, whether you’re a match goer, you watch it with mates in a pub or you keep up-to-date on the go.
As the officially recognised Supporters’ Trust for the biggest football club in the world and currently the largest Supporters’ Trust in the world with over 200,000 members, they want to develop a collective supporters’ voice and community to build a mass membership platform so that fans can collectively own a meaningful share in the club they so passionately follow.
This role suits an all-rounder, with an overall focus on supporting the sales and marketing function to raise funds for the Supporters’ Trust and developing ever more innovative and effective solutions to help the trust’s growth.
You’re organised, tech-savvy, entrepreneurial, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get work done. You should be motivated by the trust’s mission - to build a mass membership platform for fans to own a meaningful share in the club.Responsibilities – sales:
Responsibilities – marketing + comms:
- Grow new membership of all types (Full Members, Matchgoing Members and Lite members)
- Enhance relationship/affinity with existing members and reclaim lapsed members
- Identify new and enhance existing fundraising mechanisms – membership, donations, prize draws, merchandise, sponsorship, advertising, partnerships...
- Identify and build relationships with groups and influencers
- Identify and build relationships with contacts who require signed shirts etc for event auctions and raffles (amateur FCs, charities, speakers and hosts with contacts)
- Identify/promote events that the trust can host
- Promote merchandise sales on matchday stall and through office on weekdays and also matchday raffle
What you’re good at:
- Support with social media and direct marketing
- Communicate the objectives and achievements of the Trust to existing members and the wider fanbase
- Conduct research and gather insights to help inform the direction of the marketing strategy
- Support in the creation of key marketing material (graphics, handouts, flyers, fanzines etc)
- Market merchandise such as signed shirts and general merchandise on the online store
- Promote prize draws and donations
- Promote the trust’s app for match-going fans and branches in UK and globally
- Generate other initiatives to progress the trust financially, membership, influence and reputation
- Create a template for regular email general newsletter to members as well as specific bulletins for various opted in groups (e.g. Euro away matches or merchandise special offers)
- Communication skills are critical
- You will be able to demonstrate that you have a genuine passion for marketing, sales and the trust’s development
- You will be highly organised and efficient; someone who can keep on top of the detail and plan ahead
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects
- You will be comfortable with using, or able to very quickly pick up, design software (e.g. Adobe suite)