This exciting investment startup, with over £100m of capital, invest in IFA firms with the aim of bringing them together to create the UK’s best wealth management business. They provide clients with independent advice to help them maximise their long term financial well-being. The firms they buy have many years’ success in their local markets and this company brings them together to provide the scale and resources they need to serve clients effectively.
Job DescriptionKey Responsibilities
- Support the Executive team in analysing the market, commercial and operational opportunities available and making appropriately informed decisions
- Support the Finance Director and CEO in maintaining an accurate, relevant set of business performance data
- Maintain the group and hub Business Plans setting out key objectives, deliverables and interdependencies
- Support the Acquisitions Director and COO with ad hoc analysis and planning as needed
- Support the Board by arranging board meetings, briefing papers and agreeing actions
- The role is a member of the central executive team and reports to the CEO.
- It is based in our London office with some scope for home working.
- There may be a need for occasional one-off travel to offices around the UK.
- Excellent analytical skills, both conceptual and quantitative
- Strong written communication abilities
- Highly numerate
- Planning and organisational ability
- Commercial understanding and judgement
- Inter-personal skills appropriate to relationships with senior stakeholders both internal and external
- This role would be ideally suited to someone with an analytical background of around 2-3 years in consultancy, private equity or investment banking who is looking to move into a business role.
- Alternatively it may suit a new graduate with an exceptional academic record in any relevant discipline and a career ambition in the startup corporate sector.
- A high growth business with a committed and passionate team.
- This role is a key member of the team, giving the opportunity to learn in an exciting environment and to shape the growth of a new brand in one of the UK’s most important industries.
- They’re based in attractive offices by St James’s Park in central London, and this role would work closely with the business leaders, as one of about 10-12 people in total in the central executive team.
- The role offers deep exposure to strategic management and private equity disciplines and as such provides the basis for exceptional long term career prospects both within the business and within the wealth management and private equity sectors generally.
- They aim to pay a competitive salary and offer a performance-based bonus scheme, a staff share scheme, health care, and other benefits.
- 25 days’ holiday