This high-growth start-up inspires kids to love foreign languages by creating beautifully-illustrated, original story books that start in English and end in a different language, delivered each month as part of a subscription box. They are looking for a superstar generalist to take the lead on customer service & a few new projects, and gain exposure across a growing business.
The company was started by two friends as a passion project a few years back. These days there are four people based in the office full-time, all of whom work with amazing illustrators, authors, translators, narrators and teachers to create good old-fashioned bedtime stories that give children access to the wonderful world of foreign languages.
This job will be for you if…
- You’re the organised one from your group of friends. When a surprise birthday needs planning, you’re the person others turn to to handle it.
- You’ve got great written communication skills, know where to put a comma, and are great at reading people’s tone over email.
- You’re an all-rounder that enjoys getting stuck into lots of different jobs and gets a buzz from having a ‘ticked-off’ to-do list. You don’t put off life admin, and are the one that takes care of the bills in your house.
- You love making people smile and really appreciate how sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest difference to someone’s day.
Day to day you will be...
If you have this that would be great (but no worries if not):
- Customer service agent: first and foremost, you’ll enjoy surprising customers by going the extra mile to fix their problem. As soon as you’re done, you can’t wait to think through how you’d do it better next time. This is the biggest part of your job and you get a real kick out of it. You’ll also keep tabs on recurrent issues with the customer experience, and feed them back to the rest of the team so we can all work on improving the OTS service.
- Keeping on top of our ad comments across social media platforms: you’ll pick up questions about how their subscription works, as well as the odd customer support question which pops up there too.
- Customer communications: you’ll plan, write, edit, & schedule email communication with subscribers, as well as creating engaging newsletter copy & content which gives an insight into the brand and brand personality.
- Managing existing partnerships: you’ll take the lead on managing the company's existing language school partnership: communication, organisation & coming up with new ideas for how our partnership can grow.
- Taking on new projects: you’ll identify new projects for the business depending on your skillset and area of interest. This could include entering the company for awards, organising events, and/or creating a calendar of relevant cultural and lingusitic events.
- General mucking in: as with all start-ups, there are always new things and ad hoc tasks along the way. You’ll be happy to get stuck in with whatever comes up: big or small.
- Experience in a customer-facing role with war stories of irritated customers that you’re now basically friends with.
- Any experience working with children or parents.
- Keen interest in languages, education or stories.
What you’ll get:
- A budget for you to learn anything you think might improve your performance or skill-set.- You’ll be based out of an abandoned piano factory in Camden Town with a bunch of other start-ups with the odd party here and there.
- Three ‘Duvet Days’ a month to work from home so you don’t have to worry about commuting when you don’t feel like leaving bed (or are a tad hungover).
- The opportunity to grow rapidly and take on additional responsibilities.
- A small, supportive & friendly team who all muck in to help each other out, with Friday evenings at the pub.