Company DescriptionThis software company is revolutionising the hospitality industry and exist to improve the way the world eats through transformational technology. Their operating system is a single integrated platform designed to transform a restaurant’s customer experience, operations and data by providing a cloud-based operating system designed specifically for restaurants. Founded in 2016, they opened the first cashless, cashier-less and digital-only restaurant in the UK and now operate three restaurants and use them as R&D centres to continuously improve our software.
They are looking for a motivated and energetic People Ops Associate to work alongside their Head of People Ops. You will work independently and in partnership towards people and
culture goals. This will involve managing the day-to-day of the office, being highly organised, leading on their People and HR policies alongside the Head of People Ops and ensuring that internal process and procedure are in line with values. You will be at the leading front of living the company values and understanding the current pulse of team members. Your keen interest in getting the best out of people will set you up for success in finding solutions to meet the needs of the team, the company, and their clients.The day-to-day
While the below is not an exhaustive list of your duties, it outlines the bulk of the role on a day-to-day basis which is split between office management and HR. With the Head of
People Ops, the below responsibilities will be periodically reviewed in line with the changing needs of the company and ad-hoc projects will be assigned.
- Ensure the smooth, daily running of the office over three floors, managing stock, storage, hardware and inventory of stationery, food & drink, in addition to general appearance and maintenance of office (coffee machine, kitchen, photocopier, etc.)
- Maintain meeting rooms and open the office in the morning/ evening, looking after the general health and safety of the office space
- Liaise with service providers, recruiters, and building management, including the landlord, cleaning company, IT support, hardware engineers, plant maintenance, etc.
- Arrange team travel and accommodation, answer the phone and door, and track and manage expenses and invoices, along with other administrative duties.
- Work closely with the Finance team on payroll changes including new joiners, terminated staff, salary changes, and quarterly bonuses tracking
- Act as point of contact for team members for HR-related queries, escalating where necessary, and making sure that internal people procedures are understood and followed
- Organise weekly and ad hoc team events including breakfast, Friday drinks, birthdays, celebrations, and socials.
- Keep up-to-date on employment legislation changes and update policies and processes as needed and in the spirit of company values by working with their contracted HR-company and Head of People Ops
- Lead on all HR contractual documentation and administrative paperwork throughout the employee lifecycle with support from the Head of People Ops, ensuring that team member information is kept up-to-date and accurately recorded
- Support the Head of People Ops to continually improve the team member journey, including learning and development, wellbeing, and communication structures
- Champion company values via the culture squad, raising awareness on living their values
- You have 2+ years of experience in an office manager and/or people-related role. For the right culture fit and profile, we are willing to upskill the right candidate on the HR side of the role.
- You have the ability to communicate naturally but professionally, both in verbal and written form, and understand when, and how to influence others.
- You are known for your ability to handle confidential information, sensitive matters and hold difficult conversations with tact and grace.
- You have a passion for people ! You are someone who is highly self-aware, self-driven, personable, and can actively listen and problem solve.
- You have a keen eye for detail and understand how to create and follow systems, optimise for efficiency and cost and look to enhance daily office life.
- You have a flexible, can-do attitude. You are proactive, with a roll-your-sleeves-up approach, while also enjoying some of the bigger picture aspects.
- You enjoy working in an oft-changing start-up environment and are eager to learn new technologies and ways of working. You also don’t mind that no two days are ever the same!
- You can work hard and have fun, while dreaming big. You are a confident, self-aware team player who is open to receiving and providing feedback, and relish the opportunity to establish positive and productive working relationships built on a foundation of trust.