The greatest challenges can only happen when groups of people collaborate and do so well - if every team operates as effective as they could be then the world will be a happier more productive place.
There is no doubt that the use of technology, data and artificial intelligence can play a huge part in designing and improving teams in ways that haven’t been possible before. This is why this company is pioneering the digital tools that will get them there.
From NatWest and the NHS to Cancer Research and Cambridge University - their clients all rely on great teams, and they are proud to keep them at the top of their game.
You'll play a key role in keeping both the commercial and product teams running smoothly, which means you’ll have exposure to all aspects of a startup, from supporting the research and testing of the latest product features to organising high quality events to help win new clients or being part of the first line customer support.
Operations Support is really the first rung on the ladder to the role of Chief Operations Officer and so as you get to grips with day to day operations, the business would expect you to start finding ways to improve, not just execute, the processes.The core activities include:Commercial Operations
- Respond to and qualify in-bound sales enquiries
- Proactively research, propose and implement solutions to improve operations and customer service procedures
- Organise and help host quarterly sales events
- Maintain and grow social media accounts
- First line customer support
- Collect and present marketing metrics in monthly commercial update to the rest of the company
- Source and book users for user research
- Manage the hiring and on-boarding process for new employees
- Work with management to schedule annual reviews with all team members
- Work with management to organise team social events
- Manage team learning budgets
- Support travel logistics
- Responsible for day-to-day finance management - including payments to ambassadors, partners and employees
- Work with accountants to manage payroll
Beyond these core activities there is scope for you to find areas where the business should be optimising. That could be an internal process or the way we’re interacting with clients. You’ll have the support of the team but will also need to be comfortable operating independently and drive your own work.Requirements
Operators are doers. They seek to understand how the business works inside out - and where to make continuous improvement on operational effectiveness. The successful candidate will be smart, ambitious, intellectually curious and process orientated
- Exceptional copywriting skills and flawless written English
- Highly organised individual who is confident and comfortable multi-tasking and working across multiple departments/disciplines to deadlines
- Excellent planning abilities and confidence overseeing project management from start to finish
- Excel in ambiguous and dynamic startup environments where data is scarce and speed is essential
- Comfortable using or learning to use online software tools (Pipedrive, Mailchimp, Xero, Intercom etc)
- Curiosity to explore in depth what makes teams work well together
- Excellent early-stage opportunity to join a fresh and dynamic start-up, currently spearheading the field of team tech
- Fantastic opportunities for learning and career progression within a business set for growth
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly and relaxed working environment based in Angel (pool table, open bar on Thursdays, nap room)
- 28+ days holiday