The company's founder is one of the few people who can legitimately claim to have overseen the FX markets automation of pricing and algorithmic trading.
As Global Co-Head of Currency Options and e-FX trading at Barclays Capital, he oversaw their stratospheric growth in the period of trading automation. He left in 2010 to set up this business with the former head of e-FX Sales for Barclays, with the intent of forming the next generation of trading capabilities in this area.
The diverse team has decades of collective interbank automated trading experience in the disciplines of quantitative analytics, trading, sales and technology. The business provides trading technology, consultancy and support to both market makers, empowering banks and brokers and buy-side institutions in the FX, CFD, Indexes and Metals space.
The team are keen to offer an alternative to the typical corporate working culture, encouraging flexible working hours (and use of the office beer fridge). Their intention is to build a small, agile and global team of talent who love what they do.
Wherever possible, the company seeks to gain a competitive advantage through process automation, generating quotes, executing trades, making risk calculations or producing new analytical views to assist with trading decision making.
The candidate will be part of a small but global team that oversees real-time trading and operations across various strategies, liaising with software developers, external counterparties and customers in order to keep the business running 24/7.
The role will involve responding to unexpected market events and if necessary undertaking swift but considered action to ensure the best outcome for the business and its customers.
Working alongside the founder and some of the best analytical minds in Foreign Exchange directly, the opportunity for career growth is huge in an industry that is highly competitive and presents a lucrative and challenging opportunity for the right individual.Responsibilities:
You MUST have:
- Developing analytic models with the aim of P&L optimisation
- Working as part of a global team to provide day-to-day first line support to clients
- Foster and grow strong relationships with clients to develop new and existing long term partnerships
- Work with developers to improve automated tools to aid monitoring and alerting in relation to key trading statistics
- Monitor and manage risk exposures when they arise
- Liaise with brokers, trading operations and back office on trade/position breaks, risk limits and margin requirements
- Partner with clients to optimise quoting parameters to provide the best possible liquidity on a tailored basis
- Propose suggestions for new strategies or ways to improve existing ones
- Prototype new ideas with a view to establishing new business cases
Bonus points for:
- A numerate degree from a top tier university having studied something with an element of mathematics, data or statistics
- A quantitative, data-driven, detail-oriented approach towards solving complex problems
- A desire to learn about financial markets
- An aptitude to understand risk and remove emotion from pressurised decision making
- A broad understanding of technology and an aptitude for learning, seeking immersion in the full detail of a problem from end to end
- A passion for continuous improvement and an inner drive to automate tasks rather than repeating them
- The hunger to challenge the status quo but also find it easy to establish rapport with people
- Communication skills - you will easily communicate scientific and computational principles to an unfamiliar audience
Training and Development:
- Experience of Java / Matlab / R / Python
- Knowledge of machine learning and predictive analytics techniques
- Experience with low-latency trading systems
They are looking for employees who can evolve alongside their business. However, they offer a fluid work environment and will encourage your career to develop in whichever direction you choose.