Backed by some of Europe’s leading Venture capital firms, this Digital Freight Forwarder is on a mission to simplify international trade.
Since launching the business in Q2 2017, the co-founders have successfully grown the business and now work with some of Europe’s fastest growing businesses.
Whilst shipping is a complex trillion-dollar industry, you might be surprised to know that many of the processes that could be simplified with technology are currently done over the phone, by fax and email or even jotted down on scraps of paper. This means that vital information is stuck in silos and requires manual action to funnel data to the relevant person. You can help change this.
This company has built a digital platform which is the central place for teams to manage the end-to-end operations and get real-time visibility into the progress of shipments, enabling Business Leaders to make decisions based on accurate data and implement strategies in seconds that improve Supply Chain efficiency.
The position will give the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to test themselves in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, develop upon their existing skills and learn what it takes to create a successful business. From your first day you will immerse yourself in the world of freight, learning how to provide clients with a ‘best in class’ service and supporting our business units.
Starting in the Commercial Division you will be responsible for helping the Business Development Team manage their growing Sales Funnel. This will provide you with hands on experience of how the business approach new leads, understand their problem set and provide a solution that enables them to streamline the supply chain. As you understand more about the business you will become confident at managing new clients, selling the product and successfully building client relationships.
Like most start-ups no two days will ever be the same. Life in a sales role can vary quickly depending on the priority of the funnel. But you don’t mind that because you’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once and are able to prioritise in line with your core objectives.
Each new hire will have also the added the chance to rotate across our core business units: Commercial, Operations and Engineering. This will enable you to explore your skillset further, understand what really motivates you and find the role that is perfect for you. Deliverables
You must be
- Work with the Sales Team to understand the Sales Funnel, where each client sits in the Funnel and apply our internal playbooks to win over clients.
- Collaborate with internal teams (Customer Success, Engineering, Operations and Marketing) to create new strategies that convince their audience and construct solutions to problems
- Meticulously manage the Sales Funnel, keeping up to date with the progress of client relationships and maintain the cadence of client communication
- Think strategically about the clients you interact with and apply tactics and strategies to convince them
- Comfortable with numbers
- An Excel superstar
- A natural communicator – both written and spoken
- A quick learner – someone who takes learning in their stride and wants a steep learning curve
- Keen to get your hands dirty in all areas of an exciting company
- A self-starter – you make stuff happen
- An organised, hard worker
- Focussed on detail and the quality of your work