Our client is the largest online educator on nutrition science in the UK, focusing on science-based specialised certifications recognised by government-regulated awarding bodies. They provide students with reliable science-based knowledge and hands-on tools, helping them to develop their own expertise.
This is an amazing opportunity for a graduate to join a fast growing startup and learn within an incredibly supportive environment.
Our client are looking for a talented and driven individual to research and write educational content for our course materials on a wide range of scientific topics – from nutrition biochemistry to microbiomics; eating psychology to neuroscience; genetics to nutritional epigenetics.
As a Nutrition Science Educator and Writer, you will be investigating topics from peer-reviewed scientific studies, explaining experiments and findings in entertaining ways to keep our students hooked, while conveying the immediate practical application of the research findings.
This role is ideal for you if…
Bonus points if…
- You are passionate about science and its practical application
- You love igniting a learner’s brain cells by describing new discoveries and ideas
- You are a pro at conducting literature reviews from full-text scientific studies
- You enjoy explaining complex information in simple, conversational sentences
- You have experience with investigating, analysing and explaining published research from renowned, high-impact peer-reviewed journals
- You are already equipped with a toolbox of educational writing strategies and narratives that captivate and enhance learning enjoyment
- Meeting regularly with our Research Director to discuss new research and writing projects, learning objectives and different learner avatars
- Researching and translating the science into practical, written content on a wide range of subjects – from nutrition biochemistry to microbiomics; eating psychology to neuroscience; genetics to nutritional epigenetics
- Developing keyword lists, focusing topic searches and sifting the evidence from peer-reviewed journals and databases such as PubMed
- Actively participating in creative meetings to brainstorm ideas and concepts for the words and visuals to be produced
- Editing written work for consistency across all materials created, eliminating contradictions and consolidating terms
- PhD/MSc/MRes/BSc/BA student (also open to very talented candidates or recent graduates) on any of the following subject areas: Nutrition biochemistry, dietetics, applied nutrition, nutrigenomics, eating psychology, nutritional neuroscience or similar from a top university, along with educational writing experience using plain language gained in either mainstream science education or science writing for layman audiences;
- or… Education, linguistics, pedagogy, science communication, health psychology, health sciences, medical sciences, social sciences, brain sciences, live sciences or similar from a top university, along with research and writing experience on nutrition biochemistry and related topics.
- Superior research and writing skills directly from peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to write about scientific concepts in a fun, accessible and digestible way
- Capacity to grasp complex information and boil it down to a clear, coherent message