The business' focus is Board effectiveness and Board composition - they build Boards and leadership teams fit for the future, through Board Evaluation, Development, and Search.
They are widely recognised for thought leadership, advocacy, and primary research on topics including Board composition, diversity, how leading Chairs prepare their Boards for disruption, and stakeholder and shareholder engagement.
As a Research Associate, you will be a fully integrated and critical member of the research and delivery team, enjoying an unusual level of responsibility and impact in shaping the business and affecting its performance.
You will be expected to navigate complexity proactively and deliver high-level debate on topical business issues through exceptional written work and to learn VERY quickly - you will subject to a steep learning curve, particularly relating to how Boards operate, their composition and what drives effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of capital markets.Key responsibilities
Required Skills and Characteristics:
- Research across the company's Executive Search and Development offering – conducting research and supporting the delivery of Executive Search mandates including mapping of leadership teams, delivering briefings and pitch documents for meetings as well as the research for white papers and articles on a range of Board-level topics
- Management of client and candidate relationships – including client contact and the opportunity to interview candidates
- Data management – including management of the company's extensive, senior, international, network and coding of database (by employment history, skills, sectors and locations)
- Business development – from attending external networking events to managing the senior Executive and Board events including breakfasts and panel discussions with key business leaders
- International focus – comfortable operating across a global stage
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deliver high-quality research documents in good time
- Intellectual curiosity in the company’s areas of practice and how businesses operate including –governance, Search and access to talent, diversity and effective corporate leadership
- Proactivity is essential, particularly in terms of business development and personal development
- Process mind-set; seeking efficiency in tasks and a natural innovator
- Ability to work well in a close-knit team with independence and drive
- Confident communicator in the written and spoken word – as well as networking with senior executives, company directors and leaders across multiple disciplines
- Ambitious to build a career in management consulting and embrace operating in a high performing environment