On a mission to eliminate all single-use food packaging for a more sustainable future, this funded startup is starting by tackling disposable coffee cups, by providing a returnable packaging service for drinks to brands, retailers and businesses.
They are looking for a commercially minded Operations Officer - ideally with 12 months experience - with a passion for making the world a better place. The role is to build, lead and manage the delivery of returnable food packaging for some of the worlds biggest food and beverage businesses.
You’ll be given the freedom to make decisions and you’ll be empowered to design and implement effective and efficient systems. You’ll receive the support and the opportunity to learn from those around you. They are currently a growing team of eight plus a wide network of contractors with specialist skills. They fund a monthly team outing where they check out one of the capital’s cultural highlights around the topic of food/packaging/sustainability/tech.
One of the key reasons for working there is that you get to work with some of the most important sustainability driven clients in the world. Happy clients and ongoing relationships are their most important indicator of success, and the cornerstone of our business. Their client leads range all the way from the largest drinks brands through to catering companies, corporations, and high street cafes owners.
- Supporting systems and processes for : vendor management, inventory management, supply chain management, sales and procurement, and project management
- Executing on technical requirements of new roll-outs
- Supporting the operational model
- Responding to client enquiries, understanding their needs and providing reasoned responses – options, action plans, timelines
- Negotiating and establishing budgets and ensuring that they are agreed and met
- Looking out for areas of best practice and operational skills that we can adopt, liaising with others and making that happen
- Being an active participant in the team: being an enthusiastic advocate of their ethos and engaging in activities
- Recognising, respecting and promoting the different roles and diversity of the individuals within the team
- Highly organised and methodical with a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritise multiple tasks
- A problem solver who remains calm under pressure
- Self-starter with a desire to constantly improve and develop, and to help others do the same
- Enthusiastic about our company mission for sustainable development
- Attention to small details that contribute to the bigger picture
- Experience in managing people
- Knowledge and experience of working in the food and beverage, packaging or last mile delivery