This multi award winning consultancy help clients to access consumers when they need them, how they need them, almost anywhere in the world to be able to uncover insight, create compelling innovation and improve existing ideas and creative stimulus.
The ability to go from insight discovery to validated creative stimuli in less than a month yet still retain a depth of insight and level of creative recommendation, sets them apart from competitors.
Despite being young, they work with some of the world's most respected companies across 35 countries and 42 languages – including Procter and Gamble, SCJohnson, McKinsey, Medtronic, Logitech, Carlsberg, Lavazza and many more.
This role is for someone with a keen interest to support a B2B, agency side commercial team and that has the commitment to learn quickly. If you are looking to become successful in strategic and consultative sales then this role is for you. If you are expecting to be quickly running a book of clients, then this role (/industry) might be wrong for you.
Your role will be to support the smooth running of the overall new business and account management organisation, helping the consultancy to reach the right people at the right time with the right proposals that convert client briefs into wins.Specifically, your role will be:
- To own the management of the overall CRM system (HubSpot)
- To ensure that the Commercial team effectively engage with enough of the right people at the right time to hit our sales targets and you will identify the hottest new business leads to be approached
- To support the mapping of an effective leads network, determining how to most effectively reach the right new leads and ensuring that each member of the commercial team have the right pool of leads to reach
- To work closely with both the Head of Accounts and the Head of Business Development to develop content and marketing strategies that resonate with Key Accounts and Key New Business targets
- To support on other ad-hoc sales needs – such as event management, content creation, managing third party partners such as PR agencies and creative agencies
- To report into the Head of Business Development with a dotted line into the Head of Accounts
Please note – as an executive position, this role will be to support the senior commercial staff. Your principle aim will be to find solutions to enable them to be in front of clients and prospects as much as possible. In the insights industry it is very hard to be successful at selling without seniority and experience. Clients are very experienced and the product is complex.
The business will endeavour to give you visibility to this and support your learning journey to be able to represent and generate revenue for the consultancy. This will take time and dedication. Professional Requirements
The ideal candidate has demonstrated sales experience in a research agency setting, possibly with report writing or analytical experience before this.
The person will also meet most or all of the following requirements:
- An understanding of the world of consumer insight, market research and marketing strategy
- Multi-sector experience is welcome, however FMCG experience in Research / Marketing / Sales (agency side) is a significant benefit
- Proposal writing experience
- Excellent team player, happy to not work in a defined ‘box’ but support broadly and willingly for the overall success of the company
- A good knowledge of online CRM systems (ideally Hubspot but others are acceptable) and an understanding of marketing and sales automation
- An analytical, creative, problem solving mindset
- Self starter and able to demonstrate that you can work autonomously and take the initiative
- A fluency in English with other languages a bonus
You will be excited by the opportunity to help take a fast growing agency continue to establish itself as an industry thought leader. You will have a lean mindset and a hands-on, highly collaborative attitude. You will be flexible, open minded, not scared by trying out new things.
You will be able to demonstrate a strategic, solution based mindset, constantly looking for ways to make things work better, run smoother and take less time. You will want to grow an exciting business, not just through the day to day selling of its current services, but also by helping to evolve and invent new ideas as the key knowledge holder of what the client is looking for.
You will have a strong attention to detail, be highly organised and focused on work quality.