This platform provides real-world, real-time consumer insights at an unprecedented scale. They have built a proprietary a unique technology that uses mobile data to interpret on an anonymised basis what groups of consumers do in the real world; where they shop and work, how they travel and when and where they rest.
They are a well-funded young company with a very strong client list from a diverse range of sectors including Finance, Out of Home Media Planning, Retail Information and Credit Rating. They’re in the process of rapid growth and anticipate to soon be processing billions of data points per month.
The purpose of this role is to help customers fully realise the value of the company's data and to retain and grow business by ensuring customer success. Reporting to the COO with close co-ordination with the technical and marketing functions you will be at the intersection of engineering, sales and marketing. You will be deeply involved in the production of data-led reports, POCs and marketing material, and will become the resident expert for customers when it comes to ‘how to extract value from data.’Duties:
- Introduce statistical practices to identify trends and obtain the clearest insights from the dataset
- Communicate the outputs and methodology from analyses to non-technical audiences
- Work alongside our customers and produce material that will help them get the most from their data
- Support the product development roadmap with feedback from your engagement with customers
- Find opportunities to engage in current affairs and public discussion based on our dataset
- Develop content that showcases the application of our dataset across different customer use-cases
- Organise and execute projects arising from your ideas, from analysis to visualisation and distribution
- Analytical and statistical SQL functions, including close familiarity with GIS frameworks ideal
- Familiar with GIS visualisation tools such as Carto, Mapbox / Leaflet.js and Data Studio ideal
- Statistical practices and conventions to develop the right metrics for the right situations
- Addressing statistical challenges including normalisation and varying base populations
- Comfort using the command line interface, API interfaces, and munging data structures
- Planning and organising tasks or projects, with a robust approach to time-management
- The team is very ambitious and so should you be. You will be a self-starter looking for an environment that expects team members to be keen to take ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
- You will bring data to life to support client pitches, turning numbers into stories an graphics. You'll spot things in our data that we haven't seen, and turn them into a tweet, a slide for a pitch, or a white paper. It doesn't matter if you don't have direct experience of their target client sectors, but you'll pick this up quickly using your own initiative.
- You will be heavily involved in supporting the pre-sales effort, and have a strong sense of how to address customers’ technical inquiries in the most expedient and effective ways.
- You will be very familiar with the challenges associated with delivering new datasets and data products into organisations. You will have experience supporting customers as they get to know the qualities of our products and how to help them get the most out of them.
- You will be comfortable dealing directly with customers’ in-house data scientists, analysts, and product managers, and have a fluent ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- They operate a flat organisational structure and as such you will be comfortable with voicing your opinion in a group environment and bringing new ideas to the table.