Based in a super cool co-working space near Moorgate, this fintech start-up builds software designed to help businesses chase up outstanding payments.
They are now looking for an ambitious and self-disciplined Marketing Executive to join their team and generate leads for their sales team. You will also be responsible for working with partner accounting and bookkeeping firms to market their software offering to client, ensuring they make the most out of the block licences the company sells to them.
Job DescriptionKey responsibilities:
The ideal candidate would:
- Understanding - Building a deep understanding of accounting and bookkeeping firms. You will need to have a deep empathy that can enable the company to market effectively to them.
- Partner marketing - Working with accounting and bookkeeping partners to help them effectively communicate the benefits of the software to their clients; e.g. helping them design email campaigns and advising them on how best to run events
- Events - Events and trade shows are a key part of the company's marketing process. They exhibit at a number of high profile industry events each year along with organising and executing their own events. You will be responsible for driving the company's events strategy and organisation.
- Webinars - Creating and running webinars as part of accounting and bookkeeping firms’ buying processes.
- Channel development - Identifying opportunities for the company to generate new leads for our sales team and running experiments to prove them out as marketing channels.
- External listings - Managing and enacting their third party sites strategy (e.g. accounting software marketplaces and other software recommendation platforms) and managing their listings on those platforms.
- Website - Overseeing the company’s website and its efficacy in converting visitors to sign ups.
- Analytics - Preparing, managing and reporting on their marketing funnel analytics (Google Analytics, Mixpanel and GoSquared). You will be actively involved in identifying the optimal mix of tools they should be using.
- PPC - Managing and enacting their PPC strategy and working to deliver effective ad campaigns.
- SEO - Managing and enacting their SEO strategy and working to optimise our website content for SEO purposes.
- Awards & PR - Managing and enacting the company's Awards and PR strategy. Preparing and co-ordinating the relevant applications and external consultants.
- Social media - Managing their social media accounts.
- Be empathetic!
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Have a strong analytical capacity to be able to step back and interpret what the data (both qualitative as well as quantitative) is telling you
- Have very strong time management and prioritisation skills - able to spin multiple plates
- Have strong commercial and business acumen with an instinct for opportunity
- Be a proactive self-starter who is comfortable taking the initiative and solving problems autonomously
- Thrive on taking ownership and responsibility
- Be extremely ambitious
- Love learning (fast!) - often through trial and error
- Be comfortable with the need to take risks in the role
- Have excellent numerical and written/spoken communication skills
- Enjoy working as part of a small, tight-knit team in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours