This company provides inspirational career experience programmes for school and university students. Founded in 2012, they have had over 25,000 students walk through their doors from more than 2000 schools, colleges, and universities from around the world. More than 150 professionals from competitive fields such as Investment Banking, Law, Medicine, and Engineering have contributed to their programmes.
With the aim to be the world’s no.1 provider of educational experiences, they believe that to learn is to experience. Their mission is to deliver professional experiences to young people that they would otherwise consider a far-flung fantasy. In order to convey their message to key stakeholders (students, teachers and parents) it is critical that you can conjure emotions of inspiration, energy and trust through the words and images that you use. These images and words are used at major stakeholder touchpoints, including both digital and printed communications.
The role of the Marketing Executive is to take responsibility for the marketing initatives. This includes:
- Taking full responsibility for the words and images for our website including programme descriptions and other informational content
- Taking full responsibility for email design and content
- Generating hard copy assets such as posters, brochures and flyers
- Coordinating photography and videography
- Taking full responsibility for the company's digital marketing efforts, including social media outreach and lead generation
- Creating engaging content for thought leadership
- Organising and managing any marketing events that the company may hold
- Dealing with any 3rd party marketing agencies run by the company
- Researching new marketing avenues that the company may want to pursue
- Understanding, developing and publicising the company's core message and brand
You are somebody who has a natural knack for creating words and images that stir positive emotions in others.
You are motivated to do something different with your life– to shun monotonous corporate life and join a vibrant, fast-growing start-up which has already changed the lives of many. You want immediate responsibility and the chance to craft a department of your own, over time.
You have, and can demonstrate, the following skills, experience and interests:
- A sense of passion and belonging when you read the company cultural values (shared by BrighterBox)
- A deeply-invested belief in the company's sense of purpose and our programme
- A strong level of comfort in creating emotive words and images
- A strong design aesthetic
- Able to use editors such as Canva/Adobe Illustrator or similar software to create content/hard copy assets
- Mailchimp, HTML and/or other email clients skills to create stunning digital communication
- Some experience with digital marketing
- A creative mind, with a passion for writing stories/blogs
- A passion for the use of social media to spread a message
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Strong emotional intelligence
- An outgoing and confident personality
- A sense of dedication which goes beyond thinking of your career as just a job