This fast-growing, award-winning education business organises exceptional educational experiences across the world.
The academic programmes have been rated exceptional and the company was recently awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise. Based in London, you will join a small, dynamic and effective team!
For the right candidate this is a great opportunity to develop within a fast-growing company, with real responsibility and the opportunity to develop your career quickly.
Are you a highly organised and meticulous events coordinator who can produce events throughout the year and across the world?
As part of the role, you will help to define the daily agenda of each of the academic programmes and coordinate the logistics to make the events happen. Ideally, you will be meticulous, knowledgeable and hands-on - you’ll be a big picture person, but also relish the fine details that make a great event run smoothly and professionally.
You will be directly responsible for the administration of recruiting and coordinating temporary teams of programme directors, academic and support staff for each flagship event in the UK, Australia and USA. You will need to ensure that delegates have a truly memorable experience and that the programmes are consistently seen to be something special and desirable to attend.
Processes, organised documentation and relationship management are at the heart of this role, and you will work with people in different roles and at all levels. You will need to have effective communication skills and excellent planning and organisation skills.Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Taking direct responsibility for coordinating the company’s portfolio of events, with the training and guidance of the senior team
- Conference team recruitment - Identifying programme managers and support team, and coordinating/training these teams to deliver events
- Copy Writing – Writing promotional copy in the form of a conference programme, in the language of your target audience. Working with the marketing team to ensure web, direct mail and email copy will maximise delegate attendance
- Project Management – Working with all internal teams, sales (delegate and sponsorship), marketing and operations to ensure the success of the conference and that it is delivered on time and in budget
- Onsite Attendance – Attending conferences to ensure excellent delivery and smooth running on the day. (Often this will include opening your conference and managing the events on-site and project managing each conference from start to finish)
- Minimum 2 year work experience
- 2.1 Degree from a Russell Group University
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong editing skills
- Demonstrable experience in working to tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic and attention to quality and detail
- Ability to solve problems and successfully engage with appropriate technical and internal resources
- Ability to juggle multiple projects through highly effective organisational skills
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly and efficiently
- Like-minded individuals with initiative and a readiness to take responsibility
- You must be highly organised with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong work ethic
- IT skills - familiar with using technology such as Google Docs, Wordpress, Asana, Slack
- You must have a mature and flexible approach to your working hours (target markets are international)
- An excellent knowledge of the international education industry is a massive plus