This fintech business was founded by a former Goldman Sachs Partner on the belief that lending processes can be made simpler and more efficient with the right data and technology. Since commencing operations in July 2017 it has successfully built out its own lending business and has become solidly profitable without external funding pressures.
It is now in the process of seizing opportunities in several software spaces, most notable the area of PropTech with a suite of applications. The company aims to bring its first software product to market in Q3 of 2022, which improves any property lender's deal assessment process by providing an accurate and unbiased evaluation of collateral real estate.
Following this, the company wish to push forward with other software projects in the medium term. Each of which with the goal of making property lending, and in turn purchasing, simpler, quicker, and more reliable. In the long term, the plan is to push this approach to other areas of lending, by building more software or a specialised lending businesses.
About the role
The role is multi-faceted and provides the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their career in a number of different directions. It will initially involve working directly with the project and product managers to:
- Research new and exciting software ideas to revolutionise how the UK property market operates.
- Develop these into technical specifications, wireframes, and tickets for delivery to the development team, focussing on UX/UI design and system architecture.
- Communicate with the development team to ensure tickets are completed as intended.
- Carry out UAT and QA on multiple applications.
Other tasks that may need to be carried out include:
- Quantitative analysis/Excel modelling.
- Internal API testing.
✔️ About you:
- A high-class degree from a leading university.
- An eye for UX/UI design.
- Determination to see a product through from initial specifications to production.
- Clear communication, research, and written skills.
- Highly numerate with a mathematical background.
- Interest in finance and UK residential property.
- Understanding of software development cycles and processes (Scrum, Kanban etc.).
- Experience with development planning tools such as JIRA.
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus.
- Hybrid working – one day per week in the Shoreditch office.