This M&A intermediary helps business owners identify the most suitable options for the sale of, or investment in, their business.
They help buy-side clients identify the most suitable firms to acquire. This involves understanding the businesses in great detail, and also the personal and professional objectives of stakeholders on all sides. About the job:
The main focus of the role is to support the MD in a junior/runner capacity. As the company grows, you will take on more responsibilities and ideally grow professionally within the company. Responsibilities:
More about the company:
- Managing the company customer database (the CRM) and many general data entry tasks
- Liaising with suppliers and clients to process payments, contracts and invoices in a punctual manner
- Managing light HR activities such as onboarding new employees, sorting out contracts, staff training courses
- Executing ad-hoc administrative tasks, events coordination, travel and expenses, periodic projects and back-up role support
- Supporting the MD on other ad-hoc runner duties including some personal errands such as ordering/picking up lunches if work is tight etc.
- Implementing team building functions to develop a vibrant office culture and a pleasant place to work
Currently there are three members of the team. You will be the fourth with another hire to follow shortly after. They have secured bigger offices already and will grow to seven by Q3/Q4 2022.
It is a role based full-time in the office with the intention to have WFH flexibility one day a week once experienced and settled in.
The culture will be one of working hard, but also being rewarded for this input. There are team days/nights out as rewards for successful work.
It is less the ambition to build a stuffy corporate environment than the understanding that you are playing a small part in the one of the biggest decisions of anyone’s life: the sale of their business. How you manage this responsibility and conduct yourself when interacting with clients needs to reflect this.
There will be a learning culture internally so people will be expected to do exams relevant to the role for professional development.
The preference will be to grow and nurture leaders internally rather than recruiting in. This presents the career path for anyone interested in more senior roles in the long term.
This is a role that offers the opportunity to become a cornerstone of a growing M&A business by being the right-hand person to the MD. You will be privy to and sitting in on conversations that need to be treated with the upmost discretion and confidentiality. The ideal candidate:
Bonus points for:
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Proficient English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cool under pressure
- Time management skills
- Organised and you enjoy finding ways to create and maintain order
- The ability to focus on tasks and follow them through to completion
- Initiative and ability to use critical thinking to solve problems when need be
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Excellent administration skills
- Efficiency and a can-do attitude will trump any specific educational requirements
- Tact and discretion when dealing with company, client and supplier information
- Understanding of finance
- Previous admin work experience
- Ambition to grow internally in a business and grow into more senior roles over time
- Birthday or day in lieu as holiday
- Office closed between Christmas and new year (not taken from base holiday allowance)
- Extra day of holiday per year of service for up to 5 years
- Training/exam budget after probationa