Company DescriptionThis software company is revolutionising the hospitality industry and exist to improve the way the world eats through transformational technology. Their operating system is a single integrated platform designed to transform a restaurant’s customer experience, operations and data by providing a cloud-based operating system designed specifically for restaurants. Founded in 2016, they opened the first cashless, cashier-less and digital-only restaurant in the UK and now operate three restaurants and use them as R&D centres to continuously improve our software.
They are looking for a motivated Business Development Manager to join their growing commercial team of three commercial specialists. Supported by a commercial framework and strategy to identify prospects, they believe in creating long-lasting and sustainable relationships with single restaurants and restaurant groups. As a BD Manager, you will be supporting the team and company in their growth plans. They provide innovative technology that enables personalised experiences and allows restaurants to transform their operations, creating a market-leading brand experience for their customers. As a key member of the commercial team, you will be spearheading their quest to add value to their prospective clients.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the software used by our clients by becoming an expert user
- Contribute to and execute agreed commercial strategy and quarterly/yearly goals.
- Work across teams including product, engineering, client success, and operations to successfully win and implement the platform with a number of high profile restaurants.
- Build B2B network within QSR, coffee and casual dining restaurant sectors
- Proactive outreach and management of prospects within sales pipeline
- Effective relationships across B2B press, conferences and thought leadership platforms
- Communicate market needs and trends internally to allow for effective product development
- Deliver integrated solutions in professional presentations, with a detailed understanding of client requirements.
- Carefully craft ongoing relationship pre-award stage, leading to a successful outcome
- Lead on commercial and contract negotiation
- Effectively manage a basic CRM system
- Involvement in some marketing activities, including content creation via social media and blog content for the website
You can work hard and have fun, while dreaming big. You are a confident, self-aware, self-motivated team player who is open to receiving and providing feedback, and relish the opportunity to establish positive and productive working relationships built on a foundation of trust.
- While knowledge of business development is not essential, you will possess a keen desire to jump in head first to learn.
- You will have the ability to communicate naturally but professionally, both in verbal and written form, and understand when, and how to influence others, both internally and externally.
- You have knowledge and/or experience working in the restaurant or catering sector.
- You love working in a high-paced agile environment and are eager to learn new technologies and ways of working.
- You can effectively organise your own work and are aware of how to spend your time efficiently to get stuff done.
- You thrive on flexibility and are confident in making your own decisions with a minimum of administrative hurdles.