In less than three years, the marketplace has grown into a community of over 1,600 independent furniture dealers worldwide.
They platform work only with selected professional sellers to ensure that customers can find products that match the values that matter: character, a passion for craftsmanship and an obsession for delivering exceptional customer service.
They may only be three years old, but they’re already disrupting the furniture industry and they’re looking to triple in size this year. Since starting, sales have increased a hundredfold, they have hired more than 25 passionate employees, and there’s still more to come!
The global furniture market is a $700 billion industry, with Europe alone spending over $313 billion in furniture retail last year. With the backing of top tier investors, the business is on a mission to create a world where everyone can work, live and play in a remarkable space.
The Operations Associate will be working closely with the COO providing day-to-day support in relation to all Operations, Finance and HR matters. You will have a broad range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Finance: expenses, book-keeping, end of month reporting, cash-flow reconciliation
- Operations: seller payouts and reporting, prepare and coordinate team meetings, events, and offsites
- HR: on/off boarding, set-up policies & procedures, payroll and expenses
- Office management: manage facilities/office equipment and supplies, greet all visitors, guests, and employees, providing a great first impression of the business
You will love this role if you are:
- Organised and detail oriented: you follow through on tasks and have superior organisation skills, incredible time management skills and don't get overwhelmed easily
- Determined: not sure how to do something? You figure it out and you learn quickly
- Tenacious: you thrive under pressure and are confident in your ability to get things done
- An effective communicator: you have outstanding verbal and written communication skills that enable you to speak effectively with anyone and everyone who crosses your path
- A people’s person: you are positive and take pride in being helpful to others and have a customer service mindset
- Reliable: people know that they can rely on you to make things happen
- A team member: there's no one task that's too small for you to willingly take on
What you will bring to this role:
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, and adapt to the constantly changing needs of a busy team
- Initiative and business judgement
- General MS Office / Google Suite experience - a good command of Excel or equivalent is essential
- Eagerness to contribute to and learn in a startup environment
- Joining a group of dedicated, enthusiastic and aspiring individuals made up of marketers, developers, designers, sales, operations and supply
- Operating in a collaborative environment that works by motivating and inspiring each other - learning is central to the company culture
- One day remote working per week