Based deep in the start-up paradise that is Shoreditch, this company is a key player in the international events industry. They work with top global brands across the UK, EU, USA and Canada to provide event implementation and staffing solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate to step in and learn basic human resource, recruiting, logistical and operations skills. You will have the opportunity to learn how to identify and understand the type of people required to staff and host experiential marketing campaigns, as well as assisting with the logistical planning side of things.
As an intern, you will work directly under the Staffing Manager and gain insight into what it takes to successfully produce experiential marketing campaigns.
- General and job specific: day to day staff recruiting, screening staff for campaigns, booking staff onto campaigns and briefing staff ahead of campaigns via telephone to ensure they are fully prepared for their upcoming job
- Creating staff profiles (including video profiling)
- Managing staff database i.e. working through applications and potential new recruits, updating staff appraisals once a job has been completed and processing staff expenses as as dealing with any pay-related queries
- Maintain and recommend improvements to the staffing database
- Explore and develop new recruitment methods i.e. through social media, upcoming events that the company could potentially attend
- Manage logistics and associated staffing admin required for campaign delivery i.e. booking transport or accommodation for more complex campaigns, or arranging delivery/courier services
- Other administrative duties to support Account Managers
Skills and Experience
- Contribute to content and manage social media channels
- Management of inbound calls and emails from staff to the company email account
- Support more senior members of the team with ad hoc research tasks and general admin
- Graduate degree or relevant previous work experience
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and confidence to speak to staff, suppliers, etc. - confident phone manner
- A first-class listener and communicator, with great organisational and troubleshooting skills
- Strong multi-tasking, organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Strong computer skills (experienced with Microsoft Office - PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team member, and willing to provide support