This new platform is building the new global seafood supply chain to deliver a better and more sustainable industry for fish, fishermen and consumers.
At the end of the chain, as the consumer, we’re getting older, smellier and more expensive fish, while fishermen across the world continue to have their prices squeezed by the ever-expanding cost and waste in the chain. Something fishy is going on here (pun very much intended)!
Enter the world’s first market platform where any fishermen can sell to any customer with 100% traceability.
In 2018, London’s only same-day seafood distributor was launched, meaning that for the first time ever, London chefs could now buy fishermen’s catches directly from British boats and have it delivered from port to kitchen in as little as 6 hours! Fresher fish and fairer prices for the fisherman - check.
Now, with an ever-growing list of some of London’s best chefs, the platform is in need of a Partnerships Executive to come into the team to manage and develop partnerships with the restaurants – not as their supplier, but as their seafood partner.How you’ll add to the business:
Personality and experience:
- Develop restaurant partnerships – you'll be responsible for growing the group of restaurants within zone 1 to match the company's strategic ambitions (this will include marketing activities as well as ongoing relationship management)
- Manage daily ordering process and relationships – communicating daily availability, matching a demand for the immediate supply, and collating orders in anticipation of the app launch in 2019
- Inform business on current and future demand opportunities – you will be the business' ear to the ground, you will inform the business on immediate challenges and opportunities within the restaurant channel
- Support roll out of the first app – alongside the technical lead, you will manage the roll out of the vert first app – enabling chefs to browse and buy catch directly from the boat in real time
- Motivated by the purpose and challenge – someone who not only buys into the company’s mission to change the industry but feels ownership over their part of its delivery
- Personable – a large part of your time will be spent with chefs in their restaurants, at HQ or over the phone, so you'll need to be a realtionship builder; chefs need to feel they can both trust and rely on your support
- Enthusiastic - enthusiasm is infectious in this part of the industry!
- Empathetic – you should be able to anticipate their challenges ahead of them telling us. You will therefore need to be constantly focused on how the business can add more value
- Organised – with a growing list of customers, managing their requests in real time can be challenging and require you to have a good discipline for organisation
- Background in food, restaurants or catering (bonus points) - it is vital that you are able to demonstrate credibility in front of chefs when talking about the product and its providence.
- Generous pension contribution
- Likelihood for regular travel across British coastal areas
- Endless supply of the best, freshest seafood in the UK