The idea behind this Ed-Tech startup was conceived 5 years ago to address the problem that educational resources are outdated, expensive and discourage the engagement of students.
The solution bridges the gap between theoretical and practical learning by utilising interactive augmented reality and animation to present interactive 3D models. The benefit of this over traditional materials is that it facilitates students with different learning styles, the content can be delivered in multiple languages and the concise information is more suited to the present generation of learner.
Further to the application, the business is also developing an intelligent E-Learning platform where users can validate their understanding and test their knowledge.
The successful candidate should be passionate about emerging technologies, in particular mixed reality. Dedicated to see projects through the entire life cycle from conception to deployment and beyond. A creative problem solver with a flexible nature, willing to adapt to the needs of a fast-paced start-up business.Essential experience:
- Working in a development environment, building, testing and deploying bespoke mobile applications on IOS and Android
- Developing game logic in c# with a popular game engine
- programming .NET backend services for mobile
- Integrating REST API’s (JSON) and MBasS
- Working collaboratively with a team using development software tools
- IOS Xcode, Objective C, Swift or Android Studio, Java
- Azure Cloud development and integration
- Working with Vuforia, ARcore or equivalent
- Supporting early application releases with CI practices
This is an opportunity to be a big cog in fast growing machine with limitless potential and requires an applicant who isn’t risk averse, has an ambitious nature and the necessary dedication. Progression:
- Salary to increase in the second year plus incentives (this could be equity for the right candidate)
- Working with an a great team in the Heart of the Immersive Tech Community at The Landing Media City
- Access to all the new Technology equipment
- Working with Vodafone 5G
- Opportunity to travel
- Other incentives as the company scales (this can be explained in the interview in more detail)