This is a fantastic opportunity to join a start-up technology company within the wine & spirits industry with big ambitions.
The role will be challenging and varied and you will be tasked with delivering an exciting roadmap of best-in-class features across a growing subscription and e-commerce platform.
You can expect to be: Developing and implementing new cutting edge functionality and features, working closely with their small and dynamic in-house team as well as a small offshore development team to solve the technical challenges, working to improve site performance and scalability, and exposure to and opportunity to support in new innovation initiatives including augmented reality and artificial intelligence.
They are driven by solutions and pace of execution - this is not a slow paced corporate job with no prospects, they are looking for someone to strap themselves in and grow with them.
Job DescriptionEssential experience:
Must have the following skills:
- Degree in Computer Science or 2+ years of development experience
- A good understanding of Liquid, from a front and back-end perspective.
- Experience with Python, Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- An excellent grasp of web frontend technologies like HTML, CSS and React
- Experience implementing integrations to third party apps/systems such as subscription management platforms, ERP, payment gateways, fraud and marketing solutions
- Good understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with Shopify platform preferable
What’s in it for you?
- Best programming practices: Git/Github, pull requests, code reviews, agile and TDD
- A keen interest, and ideally some experience in subscription commerce and e-commerce businesses
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills by exploring new approaches and technologies.
- Demonstrate absolute attention to detail, and persistence in delivering to a high standard
- Passion for growing your skills, being inquisitive in tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- You will be happy to work in a tight knit and dynamic environment, and free thinking enough to come up with exciting new development ideas.
- Competitive salary
- Performance incentive scheme
- Great development programme
- Opportunity to join a start-up from the beginning
- Regular wine tastings
- Staff discount on wine