This venture-backed tech startup changes the lives of parents for the better and is growing fast. Their on-demand app lets parents discover and book amazing local nannies and babysitters quickly and securely. They have over 130,000 users and more than a million hours of childcare have been requested on their platform.
Ask any parent and they’ll tell you that the impact on one’s life of having easy access to quality childcare is profound. The mums, dads and carers in our community love and rely on their service every day and they are passionate and dedicated towards delivering them amazing customer experiences. They let parents be all that they need to be.
They are looking for a high energy junior PR and Partnerships specialist to join the team. You will play a key role in increasing awareness and building the brand. You will work across their small and ambitious team during a period of exciting growth.
There are 3 main areas of focus for this role:
1. Public Relations - drive awareness amongst journalists and create PR opportunities from nothing!
2. Sitter community
- Engage with journalists and spot PR opportunities
- See media trends and identify our role and way to get involved
- Create stories from our community to take to the press
- Work with celebrity ambassadors to get us press coverage
- Get business coverage for them as a growth business
- build a sense of belonging and brand loyalty for their sitters to increase organic growth
3. Partnerships and growth
- Build a community for their sitters, using Facebook group but also weekly emails (Mailchimp), events, surveys and any other channel
- Manage their referral program - a multi-channel journey to increase organic growth
- Gather feedback from their sitters via social media and surveys - manage how this is acted upon and communicated back to sitters
- increase exposure of the brand to new parents
- Identify brand partnerships that can leverage growth
- Build list and establish partnerships with the right people at these brands
- Work on campaigns with these partners which drive new user registrations
- Take ownership of other ad hoc marketing opportunities that arise.
Everything you do will be measured against the growth it delivers. You will need to be rigorous at tracking what you do and how it is contributing to the business.
- Experience in a PR role ideal with the ambition to learn more about marketing
- High energy and proactive
- Organized; you are good at following up and have a knack for being subtly persistent
- Passionate about modern parenting
- Tech-savvy - you have the ability to create and distribute your content smartly online using tools like Mailchimp, Tweetdeck, Canva etc..
- High level of attention to detail
- A stickler for good design
- A self-starter who will seek out new opportunities for the brand
- Happy to work at a start-up where everyone is ready to roll up their sleeves and get involved
- We work in White City and would like you to be there too for the majority of your working hours - however, we have lots of parents on the team and we understand the need for flexibility