This company is on a mission to eliminate all single-use food packaging for a more sustainable future. They're starting by tackling disposable coffee cups, by providing a returnable packaging service for drinks to brands, retailers and businesses.
This company is looking for an experienced and commercially minded Operations Officer with a passion for making the world a better place. The role is to build, lead and manage the delivery of returnable food packaging (starting with their own designed and manufactured cups, lids and cases) for some of the worlds biggest food and beverage businesses. You’ll need to be the perfect mix of commercial, operational, technical, practical and personable.
They've had some attention from the press already since their industry launch in April 2018, including in City A.M, BBC, Sky, Design Week, Core77, Disrupt Innovation Festival, Dwell, Design Indaba and Ogilvy.Their Culture
You’ll be given the freedom to make decisions and you’ll be empowered to design and implement effective and efficient systems. You’ll receive the support and the opportunity to learn from those around you. They are currently a growing team of eight plus a wide network of contractors with specialist skills. They fund a monthly team outing where we check out one of the capital’s cultural highlights around the topic of food/packaging/sustainability/tech. Their clients
You'll get to work with some of the most important sustainability driven clients in the world. Happy clients and ongoing relationships are their most important indicator of success, and the cornerstone of tehir business. Their clients include Waitrose & Partners, John Lewis & Partners and Cushman & Wakefield. Their client leads range all the way from the largest drinks brands through to catering companies, corporations, and high street cafes owners.
- Supporting systems and processes for: vendor management, inventory management, supply chain management, sales and procurement, and project management
- Executing on technical requirements of new roll-outs
- Supporting the operational model
- Responding to client enquiries, understanding their needs and providing reasoned responses – options, action plans, timelines
- Negotiating and establishing budgets and ensuring that they are agreed and met
- Looking out for areas of best practice and operational skills that we can adopt, liaising with others and making that happen
- Being an active participant in the company team: being an enthusiastic advocate of our ethos and engaging in activities
- Recognising, respecting and promoting the different roles and diversity of the individuals within the team
- Highly organised and methodical with a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritise multiple tasks
- A problem solver who remains calm under pressure
- Self-starter with a desire to constantly improve and develop, and to help others do the same
- Enthusiastic about our company mission for sustainable development
- Attention to small details that contribute to the bigger picture
- Experience in managing people
- Knowledge and experience of working in the food and beverage, packaging or last mile delivery