Do you want to join a startup in the early stages? Do you want to work with a passionate, humble, fun and hard-working team? Do you want to get your hands dirty and have the opportunity to create your own path? Are you comfortable that your job today will look completely different from your job in 6 months time because we are a startup and things are moving fast?
If so then this might be just the right place for you.
CEO: spent the first 5 years of her career at Bain & Company in London and Hong Kong as a management consultant. After completing her MBA she then spent 8 years at Farfetch, the largest online luxury fashion website in the world. When she joined Farfetch it was a $30M turnover business with ~80 staff and it is now valued at >$4B with over 4000 staff and is traded on the NYSE. During her time at Farfetch she worked as a senior leader across functions including Strategy, Operations, Marketing and Trading.
CTO: has more than 16 years experience across both startup and blue-chip tech businesses. He spent the first 8 years of his career as a software engineer at Schlumberger and retail insight pioneers Dunnhumby. His speciality is unlocking the power of data to grow businesses and improve customer experiences. He led the Data Analytics department at King - makers of the hit game Candy Crush--before becoming Director of Data Engineering at Farfetch. He has a Masters in Engineering from Cambridge University
In this role, you will learn about how to build a business and bring it to life. For anyone harbouring ambitions to one day run their own company, this is a great opportunity to be involved in setting something up and learning on the front line.
No two days will be the same as you will support the founding team in:
- Researching and mapping out the business opportunity; shaping the business plan and helping to execute on that
- Contributing to the website build and product roadmap; getting your hands dirty learning about how the site works, making updates to content and supporting on the delivery of new features
- Account management support for the B2B side of the business
- Consumer marketing - you’ll likely get knee-deep in all key marketing channels
- Providing excellent customer care
- Operational and logistical matters – helping sort out day to day problems.
- Admin where necessary, anything, and everything that comes along with getting a business up and running.
- Contributing ideas to unblock challenges
This is not a typical 9-5 role, so don’t apply if you’re expecting one! What they are looking for:
What they can offer:
- Proactive is your middle name - you love problem solving, you are naturally curious and you never ask a question without proposing a solution
- Experience and enthusiasm for digital businesses - this could be a passion for social media, knowledge and experience of HTML or just being an avid online shopper with informed opinions about good online consumer experiences
- A strong work ethic and a humble attitude combined with a drive to progress and develop quickly
You’ll receive personal coaching by the founders; if there’s a part of the business you want to learn more about or a skill you want to develop – they can help. You can also immerse yourself in the world of start-ups and an amazing pool of advisors and connections. If things go well and the business grows, you’re in a great position to grow with it – if things don't work out, you will still have learnt very valuable and transferable skills on launching a business; you’ll learn more here in 3 months than on a 2 year grad scheme – invaluable experience. If you’re bright, outgoing, computer literate, analytical, super organised, ready to take responsibility, well-motivated, with a desire to build a business from the ground up, we’d love you to apply so we can tell you more!