This company in education provides inspirational career experience programmes for school and university students. Founded in 2012, they have had over 20,000 students walk through our doors from more than 1500 schools, colleges, and universities from around the world. More than 150 professionals from the fields of Investment Banking, Law, Medicine, Engineering, Politics and Journalism have contributed to their programmes.
The role is suited toward graduates from the UK's top 5 universities, the high-achievers to help the high-achievers to be. If you're passionate about the younger generation and shaping their future, then this role is for you. The role also requires that you have an impressive personality to match your impressive academic track record, as dealing with people is a central aspect to the job. Lastly, if rapid career progression is something you desire then look no further. The company are set to grow quickly and have their eyes on international expansion where you could one day be running your own office in Shanghai - dream big!
Job DescriptionAbout the role:
This company's relationships with schools are absolutely fundamental to their success and the life-blood of their organisation. Around 70% of our students come to us by virtue of a recommendation from their school. In order for schools to feel comfortable recommending the company, they must have utmost faith in their ability to transform their students’ lives with first-class experiences.
A Partner Development Rep is a school’s first point of contact. They must exude the company's values and be able to create a strong relationship of trust. You will be given a sizeable list of schools and colleges and expected to build relationships with them, and thereby have them send more students to their programmes.
The role of the Partner Development Rep is to:
- Contact teachers by telephone/email/post
- Book and attend meetings/presentations in order to promote the company's programmes
- Be the first point of contact for your teachers’ every need
- Develop strong relationships into official “Partner Schools”
- After demonstrating that you’ve been successful in doing the above, you will be given additional responsibility for developing relationships with corporates to obtain sponsorship for our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
- The potential for growth in this role is significant over time. After demonstrable growth with a set of UK clients we will look to expand your remit to international stakeholders in Europe and Asia.
You are somebody who has a deep passion for developing young people to fulfil their potential. You are motivated to do something different with your life post-university – to shun the usual corporate graduate recruitment schemes and join a vibrant, fast-growing start-up which has already changed the lives of many. You relish the fact that joining a dynamic enterprise will give you immediate, senior responsibility and a range of experience that others do not get until they have completed many years in corporate life.
You have, and can demonstrate, the following skills and interests:
Cultural Values (if these reasonate with you we're winning)
- You feel a sense of passion and belonging when you read their cultural values (set out below)
- A deeply-invested belief in the company's sense of purpose and their programmes
- The ability to build and develop professional relationships from scratch, including through cold-calling
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- An affinity for public speaking and presenting
- A ‘hunter-type’ mentality to going out an acquiring new relationships
- Strong academics
- Outstanding professional communication skills – both written and oral
- An outgoing and confident personality
- A sense of dedication which goes beyond thinking of your career as just a job
Experience is Truth:
We believe that to learn is to experience. Our mission is to deliver professional experiences to young people that they would otherwise consider a far-flung fantasy. This ‘experiential learning’ appeals to all the senses and requires live in-person interaction; providing a welcome counterpoint to the restrictive and atomised environment of cyberspace.
Empowerment and Ownership:
We treat all of our students as young professionals, not simply older schoolchildren. This company empowers students by thrusting them into a whirlwind of professional-life simulation, and asking them to stand up and be counted. Along with that empowerment comes the valuable lessons of responsibility. Students are expected to take ownership of their careers immediately, as we give them detailed advice about how to plant the seeds for a successful future; starting now.
Action and Urgency:
The company believes that success requires both action and urgency. We have been able to grow at an exponential rate because we move ideas quickly into tangible steps forward and we execute them. Students refuse to be left behind and want to be able to cut through abstract procrastination; becoming empowered to act with decisiveness and urgency.
The company is a fervent supporter of determined ambition. We believe that young people - and whole organisations - must continue to ‘think big’ in order to achieve their potential. We therefore coach our students to believe that there are no limits to their career ambitions, and give them the tools they need to thrive.
The company is not an ordinary organisation. We create interactive simulations of professional life, which requires a commitment to using our imagination to deliver extraordinary experiences for our students. At the same time, we encourage our students to imagine themselves as young professionals now, not at some distant point in the future. We have discovered that tomorrow’s achievements are born from today’s visualisation.
At this company, they understand the great responsibility that we take on in coaching students. Sometimes the simplest sentence or action can have a lasting impact on a young person’s life. We insist on running our operation with the highest level of integrity: from promoting the value of hard work and satisfaction over shortcuts and monetary rewards, to constantly looking at ways to reduce our carbon footprint.