This recently funded startup enhances athletic performance by analysing sweat data.
Their product combines microfluidics and wearable electronics and is soon to being trialled by elite athletes and sports teams to help them gain a competitive advantage through better understanding of sweat loss and hydration levels.
Sweat data is analysed and interpreted on a wearable patch. Felling and hydration recommendations are then relayed to the athlete’s watch, bike computer, phone or tablet of the athlete’s performance staff, all in real-time.
The Researcher will be responsible for the research behind the optimal method of using electrochemical sensors to meet the user and product requirements, so the role is in a large part lab and research based.
Trials will begin in October, so nothing has yet touched the users, however the first prototype is ready.
- PhD’s/MEng in Chemical Engineering or Electrochemical Engineering would be highly desirable
- Extensive lab experience is needed
- Exposure to iontophoresis electrodes experience and electrochemical sensors is highly desirable
- Great attitude and postiive outlook is a non-negotiable
- Interested in working for a startup
- Interest in sports, fitness and sports performance
Further details available on application