Our client is an international company and market leader in the distribution, supply and fit of insulation products. Thanks to their finely tuned warehouse and logistics systems, our client can offer a highly responsive and reliable delivery service of all leading insulation brands. They couple their extensive and flexible product range with expert impartial product advice and recommendations to give specific solutions to insulation requirements.
Note: hours are 7am – 4pm and they are based in Uxbridge.
Responsibilities to include:
- Requisitioning Purchase Orders
- Keeping up to date the following documents:
- Supplier Internal price lists
- Category price comparison price lists
- Import and Export price lists
- Using the above documents, ensuring that we are always purchasing from the cheapest supplier
- Getting prices on day to day products bought from second hand suppliers etc
- Responding to supplier price queries and retrospectively resolving contested invoice situations
- Working closely with the Purchasing Manager to highlight areas where we need to secure better deals
- Maintaining tight control over Intact codes and costs – expanding supplier ranges by adding new codes and established costs, closing out those suppliers and costs which are no longer relevant
This job is all about tight control and price optimisation. The Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that we are consistently utilising our available deals to the best of our ability. They will be on the system day in day out, and will be the first to spot instances where we need to buy better.
During those times where there is no immediate requisition to perform, price to obtain etc, that are huge costing exercises to be done on importation / exportation business between the UK & Ireland, comparisons of like-for-like products, keeping the sales team abreast of new products etc.
It is a role that requires the performing of both day to day, time sensitive tasks, as well as more extended pieces of work.
Good with numbers and spreadsheets
Good communication skills
Prior knowledge of the industry is NOT
a pre requisite.