This young start-up has recognised that it's time for a change in financial services.
Since March 2016, the team has been building a new lending & banking platform using modern technologies, offering a far faster, more flexible & cost-effective alternative to existing banking platform vendors.
Everyone who is a part of the team can contribute to its growth - everyone is supported in trying new ideas in their day to day roles and given freedom to shape a product which does something good for consumers and businesses.
Currently working on their first platform release and planning theirsecond, our client is looking for Software Engineers to join the team in London, who will work closely with the current development team and founders to shape the product.
You’ll be responsible for designing, developing and testing high-performance, intuitive, data-driven web applications and APIs using Python, Django and anything else you feel strongly about.
Want to become part of the core technology team and take ownership of key parts of the product?
You must-have most, if not all of:
- computer Science or Software Engineering education or equivalent industry experience
- understanding of key computer science principals including algorithms, data structures and computational complexity theory
- competency in at least one mainstream programming language (ideally Python)
- familiarity with or exposure to other programming languages
- understanding of relational databases and SQL
- understanding of software testing
- understanding of the web, including client/server architecture
- experience of working with a web development framework (ideally Django)
- experience using source control (ideally Git)
- experience using Linux/Unix and a command line interface
- desire to continue learning and developing skills
- strong drive to create readable, testable and maintainable code
- ability to constructively participate in and facilitate technical and functional discussions
- ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
Bonus points for:
- an understanding of common retail financial products (loans, mortgages, deposit products)
- work experience in the Finance sector
- experience with cloud based infrastructure e.g. AWS
- experience of using graphing or visualization frameworks
- experience of artificial intelligence or machine learning techniques
- experience of scaling and performance issues
- open source contributions, or public profiles on github, bitbucket or similar