Our client is a 3D-printed smart umbrella, combining the Internet of Things and Italian design. It produces electric energy and pulls out fresh air through a fan. Designed to protect users from the rain and the sun, the product goes to show just how umbrellas can better interact with users, becoming a more personal and technological product.
Note: this is a 3 to 6 month internship placement – starting on 25 September - with no guarantee of going permanent.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing start-up in their quest to become the market leader.
The role involves supporting the team on various projects as the company looks to further develop the product and produce the umbrella of choice.
You will work with the founder and CEO of the company on a daily basis and not be afraid to challenge and disrupt the industry.
It will require a natural charm, the ability to build rapport and a driven person keen to start their career in a fast paced, up and coming start-up.
Desired but not essential
- Analytical mind and capable in dealing with stats and numbers
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Product experience – whether in the field of design, sales or development
- You have a good degree from a good university
- You are highly motivated, intelligent and a self-starter
- You have strong communication and negotiation skills
- You are organised and time efficient
- You are not afraid to challenge the norm
- Driven by success and the desire to succeed
- You are not afraid to voice your opinions and ideas
- Coding experience
- Experience working in a start-up
- A fantastic work-life balance
- Stock options
- £1,200 per month, advancing to £30,000 annually if made permanent