Company DescriptionThis award-winning global consultancy believes inclusion is the future. They continually challenge the status quo, push for a world of fairness, diversity and belonging. You’ll find them moving boundaries across all sectors to create change. They use a data-based approach to reveal the systematic inequalities that exist and apply cultural intuition to achieve true equity. This creates space for all voices to rise, shape behaviour change and policy in the workplace. They do this by consulting with stakeholders throughout the business: from the C-Suite, to People/HR teams, to Learning and Development, and brand marketing teams. Thei clients include agencies, media owners and brands spanning a number of different sectors, including creative, media, PR, recruitment and tech. They also partner closely with industry bodies and networks, promoting inclusion as a driver for innovation, creativity and profitability. As a start up moving into its next growth phase, they pride themselves on their company culture rooted in creativity, courage, connection and trust. As an inclusion consultancy, they practise what they preach when it comes to workforce representation. They want their teams to represent the diversity and richness of society out there. They want people to be themselves at work, and ensure everyone feels as if they belong. Everyone is welcomed, respected and treated openly, honestly and fairly. If they’re not, we’re not doing our job properly.
This consultancy is looking for a mid level Project Manager to provide the Front Office Operations Team operational support in order to deliver high-quality diversity & inclusion (D&I) services.This includes planning/overseeing all aspects of their D&I projects, to meet the project’s goals on time and within budget. It will require you to organise people, tasks and resources to deliver successfully. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organisation, implementation, and delivery.
This role would suit someone who enjoys solving problems, with the ability to move fast and navigate ambiguity. Key responsibilities:
- Lead the planning, implementation and delivery of projects (including defining SOW (scope of work) and goals, scheduling timelines and managing resource)
- Manage project administration (including all documentation, project evaluations and results measurement, meeting budgetary objectives. and reporting regularly to senior management)
- Track project performance, managing risk assessments and ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget with goals met
- Build engaging client relationships of cross-functional stakeholders at Senior Management Team levels
- Design/implement/improve project management processes/systems within the business
- Outstanding organisational skills including attention to detail, time management and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving approach
- Process-driven mindset
- D&I believer at heart